Season 2 of HGTV’s ‘Ugliest House in America’ is back and features comedian Retta and designer Alison Victoria looking for the ugliest home around. Each season one house is selected as the worst of the worst and receives a $150,000 renovation budget. This year’s winner was a Florida home that Alison was able to completely transform using her unique design abilities.
In the kitchen she transformed the space by incorporating pro-style BlueStar appliances and using one of the colors from her new color collection – Alison Victoria x BlueStar. She believes a kitchen should be timeless and should still look great in 10 to 20 years – which is why she selected the color palette she did. Green is the new neutral and pairs well with wood tones, crisp or cream whites or bolder tones like deep blues.
This space now features a full BlueStar kitchen that any home cook would love. She started with a 36” Nova Series gas range in Aloe with Brushed Brass trim. While beautiful, it also provides the homeowner with intense 22,000 BTU burners and extra-large oven capacity perfect for entertaining. A matching Sahara Curved vent hood is the perfect combination of form and function. She completed the space with a matching 36” Counter Depth Refrigerator.
An almost unusable kitchen has been transformed into the perfect entertaining space. Beyond the Aloe color Alison used in this kitchen she has nine additional colors available in her collection from BlueStar. Each color was inspired by something in Alison’s everyday life – from a personal journal to a favorite emerald ring. BlueStar then precisely matched each one to create a one-of-a-kind collection. Learn more about each color now.
- Emerald… like the gem that it is, this crisp green tone is the brightest, boldest star of the collection.
- Prasino… meaning “green” in Greek, its name is from its inspired locale, Greece; very clean and clear colors that have stayed with Alison through her travels.
- Ever…and ever. This timeless color was inspired by a keepsake emerald ring that Alison treasures for its shimmering color and sentiment.
- Sunset Forest…. reminiscent of the colors of sunset and twilight as the sun casts its shadow on the leaves. Soft, eternal, enduring. BlueStar matched this shade to the cover of a favorite vintage book.
- Olive… Mediterranean vibes with a Greek heritage. Think olive fields…. a grand and glorious color addition to any kitchen space.
- Lily…. a sublime color, elegant and sophisticated.
- Aloe….is traditionally a mixture of orange and yellow color; Alison’s Aloe is a soft, playful chartreuse green with an electric undertone.
- Highlands…this forest green provides a depth and richness of color; unconditionally classic.
- Hunter… calls to mind the freshly manicured gardens of Mayes Green in England, with its picturesque period homes and wonderful gardens.
- Green With Envy…the standout, the BlueStar® 2022 Color of the Year is truly timeless; so green in depth it takes on the shade of night.
Click Here to order samples of this incredible custom color collection.