We are enjoying our BlueStar range on a daily basis and always receive compliments on its appearance."
Steve Irey - Redding, CA
Owner of a BlueStar 48” Freestanding Gas Range with a Griddle (RNB486GSS)
Published: November 10, 2007
If you're thinking about remodeling your kitchen, you're not alone. If you've been waiting for a moment of inspiration, here are six reasons why the time may have come at last and some ideas to consider for your remodel. Because your kitchen shouldn't just be tolerated but enjoyed.
1. Your home was built in the 19th century—and so was everything in your kitchen. The wonderful thing about older homes is they have so much character. But the age of your home should not prevent you from running a modern, fully functional kitchen.
2. Your kitchen has as much personality as a cutting board. You think cooking is fun, but unfortunately, your kitchen isn’t. You want to give it personality and boost the vitality of the room you consider the heart of your home. Change colors. Repaint the cabinets. Replace dull countertops with colorful granite or rich wood. Buy new appliances, which are now available in red, blue, green and even titanium silver. For example, BlueStar has gas ranges in 190 colors.
3. You bump into things (or people) when you cook. One common solution is to tear down the wall between the dining room and kitchen and replace it with a dining counter with tall stools for seating. Another, less involved, remodel option for a larger space is to seal off the triangle with an island. This creates a detour for traffic and adds a lot of potential storage and counter space.
4. You’re tempted to store pots and pans in the linen closet. One option to create more storage is to build upward. Build cupboards on top of cupboards and use a sliding ladder to access hard-to-reach spaces. Rotating cabinets offer shelf space on all sides. Cabinets beneath tables or islands is another option.
5. You need to cook and be a parent at the same time. Companies like Armstrong provide KidZone storage bins that include everything from pull-out desks for drawing and bins for picture books to keep the little one occupied while you prepare dinner.
6. You want to make it green. There are several ways to achieve a greener kitchen, from using a wide range of sustainable material for flooring, countertops or cabinets to installing energy-saving appliances. Make the most out of natural light and install proper insulation and ventilation for natural heating and cooling.
Here's another reason why remodeling your kitchen is probably a good idea. When you go to sell your house, you're going to recover most of the money spent on the project. According to Remodeling magazine's "Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report 2006," compiled in cooperation with Realtor® magazine, the percent recovered (based on job cost and resale value of your home) is 80.4 percent for a mid-range kitchen remodel and 85.2 percent for a minor kitchen remodel.
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Vent-A-Hood Twin Cities|
01 August 2014, Hopkins, MN
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Kitchen Window|
01 August 2014, Minneapolis, MN
|BlueStar Expert at Tracy's Appliance|
01 August 2014, Lima, Ohio
|BlueStar Cooking Demo at CG Appliance - San Carlos|
01 August 2014, San Carlos, CA
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Universal Appliance - Calabasas|
02 August 2014, Calabasas, California
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Harlows Kitchen Concepts|
02 August 2014, San Bernardino, CA
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Echelon Home Products|
02 August 2014, Richmond, British Columbia
|Test Drive a BlueStar at Appliance Alley|
02 August 2014, San Diego, CA