For the past 4 years, cookbook author, restaurant owner, and mom, Amanda Frederickson, has been doing a weekly “fridge foraging” series on Instagram. The series helps families create healthy, simple, and delicious meals from whatever she can find in her pantry and BlueStar fridge. We’re honored to be a part of the series and excited to share her #FridgeForaging recipe for One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Lemon and Potatoes with you. When Amanda redesigned her kitchen with BlueStar appliances, she was looking for appliances that were sleek yet functional (and ready to serve as the workhorses for all her recipe testing and blogging). Check out her kitchen below –we think you will agree that this is one of the most stunning collections of bold colors, minimalist designs and of course handcrafted custom appliances.
To create her simple yet beautiful dishes Amanda selected a 36” Nova Series range for its powerful burners and over-sized oven capacity. Being able to fit multiple full size sheet pans in the oven at once isn’t something she thought she needed, but now can’t imagine living without. Since she feels like she can never have enough fridge space she added our 36” Built-In Refrigerator. Its enormous capacity and bright interior can be seen weekly in her Fridge Foraging videos.
If you’re starting to feel overwhelmed about the upcoming holidays Amanda can definitely help. Her one-pan honey mustard chicken with lemon and potatoes recipes is about as easy and straightforward as it can get. Relax and try this delicious dish tonight.
One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Lemon and Potatoes
- 5 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs whole grain mustard
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1lb baby potatoes
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
Makes about 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Liberally sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt. In a large skillet or cast iron pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs skin side down and brown for about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and pour all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Add in honey, both mustards, and a pinch of black pepper. Return the pan to medium heat and reduce the sauce until reduced by half, about 2 – 3 minutes. Carefully remove the sauce from pan.
- Add the potatoes to the pan. Top the potatoes with the chicken thighs skin side down. Brush the sauce over the top of the chicken thighs and drizzle any remaining over the potatoes. Scatter the lemons on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and an internal temperature reaches 165° F.