July 2, 2015:
Happy 4th of July from BlueStar®! Our All Star Chef, Michael Symon has put together the perfect beef kebobs and paired them with a delicious apricot yogurt. This tasty addition to your weekend menu is an easy recipe can be served as an appetizer or entrée.
Beef Kebobs with Apricot Yogurt
Prep & Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely minced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skewers (8 inches long, soaked in water)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground beef, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide the mixture in to 8 balls, then roll each ball in to a 3 inch log. Make an indent with your finger in the log and press the skewer in to it, sealing the meat around the skewer. After all of the skewers have been formed, drizzle with the olive oil and place on the grill with the lid down for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, turn the skewers and cook for another 2 minutes with the lid down.
- In the meantime, mix together the yogurt, apricots, mint, almonds and ¼ tsp. of salt.
- Gently remove the skewers from the grill and serve with the apricot yogurt.
- Change the meat in your kebabs to lamb or chicken.
- Add different flavors to your yogurt such as honey or a citrus zest.
- To see Chef Symon make this live, click here.