BlueStar® Introduces Alison Victoria x BlueStar®
February 8, 2022
Custom Shades of Green Inspire a Brand-New & Timeless Palette for the Bespoke Kitchen
BLANDON, PA, February 8 – In the first of its kind partnership, BlueStar®, manufacturer of high-performance appliances for the home chef and a trailblazer in color and customization, has collaborated with interior designer and HGTV star Alison Victoria on an exclusive color collection featuring custom shades of green, introducing a timeless, yet fresh color palette into the kitchen.
The collection features 10 colors hand-selected by Alison Victoria, well-known for her kitchen designs and as the star of HGTV’s “Windy City Rehab,” “Kitchen Crashers”, “Rock the Block” and “Battle on The Beach. Victoria’s reputation for her love of color, especially green, made her the unequivocal choice to join BlueStar® on a journey to develop this bold and bright palette. Victoria has designed well over 300 kitchens, and one of her top design tips is to keep major pieces, like appliances, neutral.
“Green is the new neutral! Bold and energetic, soft and subdued, this color story effortlessly integrates into the fabric of any kitchen,” says Alison. “Your kitchen should be timeless and should still look great 10 or 20 years from now. Hardscape pieces like large appliances need to be a neutral, and then be layer-able, so you can add in more trending accents with towels, rugs and hardware, which are easier to change.”
This new collection, Alison Victoria x BlueStar® covers greens found in nature, in fashion and from Alison’s everyday life. Alison’s favorite things inspired the new BlueStar® custom line – from a Dior handbag to the cover of a personal journal, to a favorite emerald ring. BlueStar® was able to precisely match the colors to Alison’s specifications, creating a one-of-kind color palette than can be adapted to any kitchen.
“Color and customization are two important parts of BlueStar’s proud 140+ year history of U.S. manufacturing,” says BlueStar® President Eliza Sheffield. “As a leader in customizable, handcrafted kitchen appliances, we offer professional-style products in over 1,000 colors and finishes, as well as any custom color and 10 metal trims. We have enjoyed being a part of Alison’s designs over many years and are excited to take our long-standing relationship with Alison Victoria to the next level with this unique new color collection. ”
The collection’s appeal is its relaxed versatility. Green is essentially a new neutral that pairs well with wood tones, crisp or creamy whites or bolder tones like deep blues, creating an optimistic, fresh space. The colors can be used across many different materials and can be applied on BlueStar® ranges, wall ovens, kitchen hoods or refrigeration products as a statement piece or as a pop of color on knobs. Pair these on-trend hues with brass trim, Alison’s finish of choice, for a luxurious look.
“I love the fact that these ranges are handmade in America, in BlueStar’s Pennsylvania factory,” Alison says. ” While the equipment has a distinctive aesthetic appeal, the range may be tricked out for the serious home cook, with high-performance burners, a French top, which features variable heat zones for slow cooking, sauteing, and wok cooking, and an oversized oven for holiday meals,” said Alison.
While green comes in so many different hues…from deep emerald jewel tones to blue-green teals, to leafy tones, to olive drab, to sage, and on and on…Alison shares the inspiration behind the collection and how she customized 10 very different, distinct shades:
- Emerald… like the gem that it is, this crisp green tone is the brightest, boldest star of the collection.
- Prasino… meaning “green” in Greek, its name is from its inspired locale, Greece; very clean and clear colors that have stayed with Alison through her travels.
- Ever…and ever. This timeless color was inspired by a keepsake emerald ring that Alison treasures for its shimmering color and sentiment.
- Sunset Forest….reminiscent of the colors of sunset and twilight as the sun casts its shadow on the leaves. Soft, eternal, enduring. BlueStar matched this shade to the cover of a favorite vintage book.
- Olive… Mediterranean vibes with a Greek heritage. Think olive fields….a grand and glorious color addition to any kitchen space.
- Lily…. a sublime color, elegant and sophisticated.
- Aloe….is traditionally a mixture of orange and yellow color; Alison’s Aloe is a soft, playful chartreuse green with an electric undertone.
- Highlands…this forest green provides a depth and richness of color; unconditionally classic.
- Hunter… calls to mind the freshly manicured gardens of Mayes Green in England, with its picturesque period homes and wonderful gardens.
- Green With Envy…the standout, the BlueStar® 2022 Color of the Year is truly timeless; so green in depth it takes on the shade of night.
Designed and built in Pennsylvania since 1880, BlueStar® cooking, refrigeration and ventilation products are handcrafted for discerning home chefs who demand restaurant-quality results in their own kitchens. The award-winning line includes high-performance gas ranges, cooktops, electric and gas wall ovens, complementary kitchen ventilation hood, premium refrigeration, and coming soon Dual Fuel ranges. BlueStar® is the only pro-style appliance brand to offer virtually unlimited options for personalization, including more than 1,000 colors and metal trims as well as highly customizable cooking surfaces, swing and French oven doors, and restaurant accessories like salamander broilers, charbroilers, Frenchtops and oversized ovens that fit commercial sheet pans. BlueStar® equipment is available at appliance dealers nationwide. Explore color with the interactive ‘Build Your Own BlueStar’, a tool designed to help consumers and professionals make confident and efficient BlueStar color selections.