Chef michael symon | press release | fall cooking chat | BlueStar
October 26, 2015
BLUESTAR® AND CHEF MICHAEL SYMON TEAM UP TO MAKE THIS FALL COOKING SEASON THE BEST ONE YET
The All Star chef offers exclusive recipes, tips & more for holiday entertaining. Join the conversation: Michael Symon Twitter chat on Oct. 27 at 3 p.m. EST, hashtag #FallCooking
Reading, PA, October 26, 2015 – BlueStar®, manufacturer of high-performance cooking equipment for the home, and Michael Symon, co-host of ABC’s “The Chew,” a Food Network Iron Chef and a BlueStar All Star, are taking #FallCooking up a notch with exclusive recipes for the holiday table as well as a Twitter chat to provide home chefs with all the tips they need to make this fall season the best yet.
Symon and BlueStar are hosting a Twitter chat titled, “Fresh Fall Favorites” on Oct. 27 at 3 p.m. EST. During the chat, Symon will discuss seasonal foods and cooking techniques, his favorite fall flavors and more – including some of his all star tips for making a Thanksgiving turkey.
A great fan of cooking for all the seasons, Symon just released his new cookbook, “5 in 5 For Every Season.” In it, he gives recipes for easy seasonal weeknight meals, but has also brought his holiday favorites to the table. One of these is his take on an old holiday comfort food favorite, cheesy broccoli gratin.
“This is a more gourmet version of the good-old broccoli and cheddar gratin, thanks to the aromatic gruyere. Don’t forget the crunchy topping,” Symon said. (See the exclusive recipe below)
When it comes to cooking for his family, Symon knows that precision and power helps churn out serious dishes. He prepares his meals at home on a 60″ BlueStar RNB with a French top in matte black with antique brass trim. He paired it with a 60″ Wrangler Prizer Hood, also in matte black with antique brass strapping.
“My favorite feature on my BlueStar range is the super huge ovens,” said Symon. “Plus the high heat BTUs of the open burners are amazing. When shopping for the right range, never underestimate the need for more BTUs and oven space.”
From the best-selling Platinum Series to the newly-redesigned RNB, BlueStar ranges are unequaled in both performance and customization options. BlueStar’s unique performance features include an open gas burner system that produces up to 25,000 BTUs of cooking power, precise 130 degree simmer burners and oversized convection ovens with professional-grade infrared broilers. BlueStar gas ranges are available in more than 750 colors and finishes to match any home decor. Or choose a traditional finish with colored knobs for just a hint of flair. BlueStar ranges have been handcrafted in Pennsylvania since 1880. For more information, visit bluestar2016.wpengine.com
Michael Symon’s Cheesy Broccoli Gratin
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups broccoli florets (from 1 small head)
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
- Put a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil followed by the broccoli and a good pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the cream and nutmeg, and cook until the cream reduces slightly and the broccoli is cooked through about 2 minutes. Add the Gruyere and cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, stir in scallions, top with the panko, and serve.