Product fact sheets | information | kitchen appliances | BlueStar
April 22, 2011
What is BlueStar?
BlueStar™ is a manufacturer of high-performance gas ranges and cooktops for the residential market. Founded in 1880 under the Prizer-Painter name, the company was originally a manufacturer of high-powered professional ranges for other brands, most notably the Garland line. In 2002, Prizer introduced its own professional style ranges to the residential market, under the BlueStar name. With technology and performance usually only found in professional ranges, BlueStar is a true genuine restaurant range for the home. Today, BlueStar is widely considered the range of choice for top chefs and cooking enthusiasts who demand true cooking performance.
BlueStar™ – Genuine Restaurant Ranges for the Home™ – manufactures high-performance gas ranges, cooktops, wall ovens, vent hoods and cookware for the residential market. The company’s unique open burner system produces 22,000 BTU of cooking power, resulting in shorter cooking times and an even simmer. Each BlueStar range is hand-crafted in Reading, Pennsylvania and features burners that can be custom configured at the time of order. Most BlueStar models are available in 190 colors, a no extra charge. For more information, please visit bluestar2016.wpengine.com.
BlueStar was developed for people who love to cook – in fact, no other gas range on the market offers the same level of cooking performance. Independent studies have shown that BlueStar outperforms other stoves when tested for boiling, simmering, deep frying, stir-frying, and searing. Key product features include:
- Most powerful open burner gas range on the market – up to 22,000 BTU
- 190 colors – BlueStar stoves are available in 190 different colors and custom colors can also be ordered.
- Largest oven capacity available – accommodates up to a full size commercial 18″ x 26″ baking sheet.
- Open burners – provides better heat distribution for even cooking.
- Gentle 130° simmer burner – for delicate sauces and soups.
- Convection oven cooking – for most complete exchange of air possible.
- Infrared broiler – produces 1850° of intense, searing heat.
- Full motion grates – for easy maneuvering of pots and pans between burners.
- Heavy duty, durable design – sturdy, all stainless steel construction.
- Cleanability – removable oven bottom for simple cleaning; top grates and ring grates are dishwasher safe.
- Hand-constructed in the U.S.A. – every BlueStar product is hand-crafted and rigorously tested in its Reading, PA plant prior to shipment.
- Custom-made – most BlueStar models feature burners that can be custom configured at the time of order.